The shortlist for the Arthur C. Clarke Award for best science fiction novel for 2022 has been announced:
- Deep Wheel Orcadia by Harry Josephine Giles (Picador)
- Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro (Faber & Faber)
- A Desolation Called Peace by Arkady Martine (Tor UK)
- A River Called Time by Courttia Newland (Canongate)
- Wergen: The Alien Love War by Mercurio D. Rivera (NewCon)
- Skyward Inn by Aliya Whiteley (Solaris)
The winner will be presented with a check for £2,022.00 and the award itself, a commemorative engraved bookend. For more information, see the Clark Award website.
So what do you think of this lineup? Which is your pick to win?